Do you have a client on the phone or in your office and you're ready to take their details to complete the booking? Use the "Add Participant" function to add participants manually to your trip dashboard. You only need your client's name and email to sign them up for your trip.
To start, go to your trip dashboard and choose "Add Participant"
You can now add participants.
- Choose the number of people in the booking
- Choose the appropriate package
- Check any applicable add-ons
- Add a discount code if applicable
- Click "Continue"
You can now enter the participant's name, email, and fill in the participant questionnaire (no worries, your client can always log in to their WeTravel account and make changes to the questionnaire). Click on "Continue to Payment" once ready with filling in the information.
You can now process your client's payment. There are 4 payment options:
- Deposit + the rest -- this allows you to record the deposit first. Client's balance due will be the remaining amount. Option to use payment plan.
- Full amount -- this allows you to record the full price of the trip. Client's balance will be fully paid.
- Enter Amount -- this allows you to record a custom amount being paid at your discretion. You can see the amount entered as "Due Now" on the right side of the payment window. Client's balance due will be trip price less amount entered.
- No payment made yet -- this allows you to sign up a participant without any payments upfront. Client's balance due will be the full trip price.
You can now choose the payment method. There are 3 options:
- Checking Account (ACH for USD, SEPA for EUR and BACS for GBP). You will have to have your client's bank information at hand, standard WeTravel pricing applies. Your client receives a booking confirmation email.
- Credit/Debit Card. You will have to have your client's credit/debit card information at hand, standard WeTravel pricing applies. Your client receives a booking confirmation email.
- Cash or Check. You can record cash or check payments, no transaction fee applied. You can choose if you'd like your client receiving a booking confirmation email by checking the box. We highly recommend to use the note field to indicate details about the payment so you and your client will know what this payment refers to.
Click on "Confirm Booking" and you have signed up your client! You will see the following message: "Participant successfully added".
You can now manage that participant's booking as usual!
FAQ about "Add Participant" function
How can my client access their booking?
They can easily access their booking by signing in to WeTravel with the email address you signed them up with. If they're having trouble with logging in please feel free to refer them to firstname.lastname@example.org for troubleshooting.
What are the fees using Add Participant function?
Regular WeTravel pricing applies unless you're recording a cash/check payment, for which we don't charge any fees.
Can I change the participant questionnaire information after I've confirmed the booking?
No. Your client will have to do it themselves by logging in and modifying their booking: here's how.
I've set up a payment plan for other clients. I just added a new client manually, will the payment plan be automatically applied?
If your pricing package has a payment plan already set up then it will be automatically applied. If not, you can always add one from the trip dashboard. Here's how.
How is the payment plan affected if I sign a client up with a custom amount?
The payment plan will have the same dates as before. The balance due will be reduced by the amount you've just entered. The payment will first be applied to the deposit. If it's larger than the deposit, it will be applied to the deposit and the first installment. If it's even larger, it will be applied to deposit, first installment and second installment, and so forth.
I've added multiple participants at once. Will they all get booking confirmations?
Only the person who is added in "Buyer Information" will get a confirmation email. It's more advisable to add participants one by one, if you want all of them to get a confirmation email.
I'm adding multiple participants at once. Can they pay with different payment methods?
They can only pay with different payment methods if you add them one by one. People in the same booking have to be paying using the same payment method.
Is the payment information saved?
No, for security purposes we don't save your client's payment information.
Are my Terms and Conditions that I have added on my profile included in this function as well?
Yes, they are. WeTravel Business users have the chance to add their own Terms and Conditions to the checkout process and they are agreed to when you click on "Confirm Payment".
Can I manually add participants after the pricing package deadline has passed?
No, please adjust the pricing package deadline first.
Can I manually add participants if I've reached the maximum number of trip participants or reached the availability of the pricing package?
No, please adjust the trip availability first. Here's how.
Can I change the note after confirming the payment?
No, unfortunately the note cannot be changed after confirming the payment.