For security and regulatory reasons, WeTravel needs to verify the identity of all users that accept and transfer funds through WeTravel, and verify if they are eligible to transact payments through WeTravel.
For this reason, we need the following documents to enable payouts for any new users. Please upload the information and documents on our verification page and complete your profile page. Please allow 3-5 business days for us to get back to you.
If you're an individual
- Make sure the name on your WeTravel account is the same as your name (i.e. not an alias)
- Link your social media accounts to your WeTravel profile for verification (https://www.wetravel.com/user/verification)
- Please submit your government issued photo-ID or passport.
If you're a company
- Please provide your company websites, social media accounts, and public reviews if any (e.g. on TripAdvisor)
- Please provide an Employer Identification Number (EIN) letter from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) if you are a US company. If you're not a US company, we'll request for something similar, such as a proof of registration and/or an extract from the chamber of commerce.
- Please submit a government issued photo-ID or passport from a company representative or the owner.
- Please provide your EU VAT ID Number if you're a EU-based travel organizer.
Note: WeTravel reserves the right to ask for additional verification documents if the identity of an individual or company needs to be further validated. WeTravel also reserves the right to refuse payment services to any user at any time at its sole discretion.
WeTravel has three different approval decisions:
- Denial of service
- Partial approval after future delivery risk adjustment period
- Full approval
Please note that the most common decision for new users is partial approval. This is completely in line with the approval processes of most other payment platforms